KARE Biosciences is developing KAR101 (ramatroban) as a disease modifying therapy for various indications including COVID-19.
KARE 101 is a novel dual receptor antagonist of the thromboxane A2/TP and prostaglandin D2/DP2 receptors. Ramatroban has been used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis for the past 20 years in Japan and has an excellent safety profile.
Recognizing Ramatroban's potential, KARE Biosciences has created the KAR series of dual thromboxane A2/TP and prostaglandin D2/DP2 receptor antagonists for the treatment of numerous diseases.
Ramatroban will be tested in randomized placebo-controlled phase II/III clinical trial in hospitalized COVID-19 patients
Ramatroban reduced inflammation and lung scarring in a mouse model of silicosis. (Pang et al, Theranostics 2021; 11(5):2381-2394)
- Vitamin K2 activates proteins that promote bone formation and retard calcification and hardening of blood vessels.
- Vitamin K has been shown to prevent vascular calcification or hardening of the blood vessels, a serious complication of kidney disease.
Zinc deficiency leads to:
- defects in immune system and infections
- loss of hair, taste, appetite
- Delayed wound healing
Note: Too much zinc can lead to copper deficiency. KidneyVite contains the right amount of zinc.
Copper deficiency leads to:
- decrease in white blood cell count
- decreased ability to break down fat in the body
Selenium deficiency leads to:
- Heart disease (cardiomyopathy)
- Myopathy, myositis
Lycopene deficiency leads to:
- Oxidative stress
Lutein deficiency leads to
- Heart disease and stroke
- Cataract and age-related macular degeneration
- Cancer at various sites
KidneyVite is the world's first complete multivitamin for kidney patients containing:
1. Active Folate (5-methy THF)
2. Vitamin K
5. Other minerals (zinc, copper and selenium)
Unlike many other vitamin supplements, KidneyVite contains 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate.
Why 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate should replace folic acid:
1. For it to be active, synthetic folic acid needs conversion to 5 methyl THF by liver enzyme MTHFR.
2. The conversion is impaired when ‘T’ genotype of MTHFR is present.
3. 2 copies of ‘T’ genotype severely impair MTHFR enzyme activity and ‘TT’ may be present in up to nearly one-third of any population, depending on its race/ethnicity.
4. Unmetabolised folic acid is associated with immune suppression (↓ NK cells) and cancer.